New Computer Accounts Notification

With effect from 6 Jan 2022, Google accounts, one to access the G Suite for Education ( and the other on the student account domain ( ), are not provided to new staff members automatically. Current users of these Google accounts are reminded of the new disk quota that took effect in 2022.

*Colleagues with learning and teaching needs can apply for an account on the student account domain and the application will be handled individually. For details, please visit Google account for staff.


Getting Help

  • Staff Handbook 2024-25
  • FAQ
  • IT Help Desk
    Hotline: 2948 6601
    Address: Room C-LP-20, Tai Po Campus
  • Classroom Service Hotlines:
    2948 6529 (Tai Po Campus);
    2190 8581 (Tseung Kwan O Study Centre);
    2190 8660 (North Point Study Centre)

Computer Accounts

Each staff member is given an EdUHK network account to access network service such as The Portal, information system, Wi-Fi services and etc. The same account is used for the University official email service on Microsoft Office 365. Information regarding account username are sent to users through internal mail. Please visit "Computer Accounts (For Staff)" for details.


Staff Card

The staff card (EdU Card) is issued to all staff members of the University for the purpose of identification and physical access to University's facilities such as the Library, car park, sports facilities, swimming pools, hostels, and etc. The Human Resources Office (HRO) is responsible for staff card issuance, return and replacement while OCIO is responsible for card printing service.

Connecting Your Computer to the Campus Network

On Campus:
Users can connect to the campus network through wireless connection. The EdUHK wireless network is now available almost everywhere in the Tai Po Campus, Tseung Kwan O Study Centre and North Point Study Centre.

At Home:
If users have subscribed service from an Internet Service Provider (ISP), they can connect their mobile or home computers to the campus network through VPN. It enables users to use some IT services outside campus as secure as in the office. These services include using Microsoft Outlook, using SPSS outside campus, making connecting to some central network servers using FTP/SFTP client software, etc.

Telephone Service

The University is using the Nortel IP Phone system since December 2008. It uses an IP-based computer network which allows using the same cable for phones and/or computer and hence provides more flexibility. The IP Phone handset has many good features, including caller ID display, programmable feature keys, support of hands-free & speaker phone, etc.

OCIO is responsible for the support and maintenance of the IP Phone system, as well as the IP Phone Add-Move-Change requests.

Central Teaching Facilities

The University has around 100 central teaching venues including lecture theatres, general classrooms, general purpose computer rooms and open access computer rooms. All these rooms are equipped with essential audio-visual equipment and network connections. OCIO is responsible for the support and maintenance of the equipment in these venues. Users can reserve the teaching venues through the iBooking System.

Information Security Policy

The Information Security Policy, which aims to protect the information assets of the University, has been in place since 2009. According to its confidentiality, information asset should be classified as one of the three categories: Confidential, Internal or Public. All staff members are required to comply with the requirements as specified in the Policy and its supporting policies in order to protect confidential / personal information from disclosure to unauthorized individuals. It is imperative that staff members should report any suspected information security incidents to the University's Information Security Officer (currently the Chief Information Officer is taking up this role) in a timely manner so that the authority could response accordingly to contain the damage or risk.