The Single Sign-On system (SSO) enables users to use most web services of the University with just one login with the network account and password. Once you have logged into one of the web services covered by SSO, you will be able to use all the other services that you have access to, without the need to login again.
Highlights of SSO:
- Web services covered by SSO include:
- For security reason, SSO covers most of the campus network connection including Wi-Fi using ‘EdUHK’ SSID and VPN connection. It does not cover hostels and internet connected PC unless they are on VPN.
- You will see the following screen when you try to access any web
services covered by SSO. To use the services, login with your
SSO for Internal System (OAM)
- The Portal
SSO for on-premises/cloud services (NIDP/SSOIDP)
– Moodle, Mahara, Qualtrics & Zoom
SSO for Federation Services (AFIDP)
- Most Library services
- Student Webmail (i.e. Google Apps for Students) is not covered by SSO due to technical limitations.
- SSO add convenience but, for security reason, please remember to close ALL browser windows to COMPLETELY logout.