The University is very keen to use technologies to support eLearning. To support blended and distance learning, the University has been using Learning Management System (LMS) for eLearning since 2000. Now we are using Moodle as our LMS, and currently we are using Moodle version 3.9 .
OCIO and LTTC work closely together to support our LMS and other eLearning platforms.
The Moodle LMS is setup as follows:
- Integrate with our Student Information Systems (SIS) so that courses will be automatically created according to the SIS.
- Front-line support and training are provided by the Centre for Learning, Teaching and Technology (LTTC).
To access Moodle LMS, please visit http://moodle.eduhk.hk.
Note: There is Open EdX platform for MOOC or SPOC for selected courses.
Similarity Check Systems:
- Students can use Turnitin, a similarity checking system that is fully integrated with Moodle LMS, for assignment checking. Turnitin similarity checking is only supported in Moodle LMS.
- VeriGuide Text Similarity Detection System is a web-based similarity checking system for academic and research works. Staff can apply a VeriGuide accounts to use the system. For details, please refer to https://moodle.eduhk.hk/course/view.php?id=38024.
- We also have platforms to support other eLearning initiatives, such as, Mahara ePortfoilio system for reflective learning – http://mahara.eduhk.hk.
- Microsoft Office 365 includes the SWAY platform which are also used in the University as ePortfolio platform to enable students to record their artifacts and learning process.
Online Meeting Tools
- Online Meeting Tool - Zoom (https://eduhk.zoom.us)
- Our Microsoft Office 365 covers the use of Microsoft Teams, for more information, please kindly refer to Microsoft Teams
- Our Microsoft Office 365 covers the use of SKYPE for Business, for more information, please kindly refer to Skype for Business
- Google Meet is fully integrated with G Suite, for details, please visit Google Meet.
- High definition room based video conferencing facilities (Video Conferencing Service).
Video Portal:There are also "Ensemble Video" video portal to enable staff to upload and share videos. It is just like a enterprise YouTube.
Lecture capture system:There are also "Ensemble Video" lecture capture system to facilitate instructors to record their classes if needed.
Video Production Facilities Provided by OCIO, Library and LTTC:
For details, please visit https://www.lttc.eduhk.hk/?p=31141.
Online Survey Tools:
The university subscribed Qualtrics to facilitate survey and collection of data online
- How to add narration to PowerPoint file as slideshow - click here . The file could then be shared in your Moodle course.
- How to convert the PowerPoint slideshow to MP4 video format (if needed) - click here . Video could be further edited by video editing software if needed. OCIO Help Desk area has workstations with Adobe Premier video editing software for share use at Learning Commons.
- Upload your videos and share them with your students through the EdUHK Video Portal like an enterprise YouTube . Most of the notebook has USB camera built-in. If you want to borrow professional camcorders, they are available for loan from OCIO IT Help Desk loan counter.