- To promote and support the use of IT in the University.
- To provide innovative, effective and friendly IT services for all members of the University.
Services Provided by IT Help Desk
- Provide IT support services through telephone, email/web and user walk-in
- Handle hardware, software and usage problems
- Handle account and password related issues
- Log and track all user calls and keep users informed
- Provide timely and accurate management reports
Hours of Operation
- Normal opening hours:
- 08:30 - 18:30 (Mon-Fri); 08:30 - 17:00 (Sat)
- Closed on Sunday and public holidays
Formal Services Channels
- During normal opening hours:
- Hotline: 2948 6601 (2 lines with voice mail)
- Walk-in: C-LP-20
- 24 Hour channels:
- Email: email@example.com
- Check Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for general usage questions.
- Submit questions or requests through the formal service channels with symptoms and contact numbers.
- New users should attend the IT Orientation Programme.
- Attend IT training on software used if needed.
- Provide feedbacks to OCIO through survey and email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Call Priority and Response Times
|Priority||Definition||Target Response Time|
- 90% of the call closing time within 3 working days.
- 99% of the response time on recorded message at IT Help Desk Hotline within 24 hours
Reports on performance measurement will be updated and published monthly on Intranet.
- It covers common hardware and software widely used in EdUHK. The hardware maintenance services are limited to equipment provided by OCIO.