When you try to add a new Gmail account in Microsoft Outlook using IMAP/POP3, you encounter the following symptoms:
- You are prompted for authentication, and your credentials are not accepted.
- You receive the following error message in Outlook: Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Please log in via your web browser: http://support.google.com/mail/accounts/bing/answer.py?answer=78754 (Failure)
Note If you are using Outlook 2016 for Mac or Outlook for Mac 2011, the prompt and error message may look different, but the method for resolving the issue is the same.
- Outlook 2016
- Microsoft Outlook 2013
- Microsoft Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac
- Outlook for Mac for Office 365
- Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011
This is due to Google has increased its security measures to block access to Google accounts. Gmail did not allow the Basic Authentication after July 15, 2014.
To resolve this problem, enable Basic Authentication for your Gmail account. To do this, go to the following Google website, and then select Enable when you are prompted about whether to let less secure apps access your Gmail account:
The above information is extracted from Microsoft's Knowledge Base - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2984937