In order to use the Qlity external USB CDRW drive, please make sure the following requirements are fulfilled:
- The computer has a USB port which is not in use.
- The computer must have Windows 98 properly installed.
- Make sure that necessary software for using the CDRW drive has been installed. Note that Adaptec Easy CD Creator is included in the package (a CDROM and a floppy diskette) so that you could install it in your computer for using the CDRW drive. You may also install the software in your office PC through the online software installation web page.
To use the CDRW drive, please follow the steps:
- Connect the power adapter to the CDRW drive and turn it on. The power switch is at the rear side of the drive.
- Turn on the PC or notebook, if it is not.
- Connect the USB cable (provided) to the drive and then to the USB port on the computer.
- If this is the first time that you are using the CDRW drive with the computer, you will be prompted to install the software driver for the device when you connect the USB cable to the USB port of the computer in step 3 above. Please refer to the Installation Guide that come with the package to complete the device driver installation. Note that you will need the device driver diskette (labelled USB CD0R/RW ECW-043) and that you need to specify the path A:\sys during installation.(You can also download the 98 driver from the vendor's website: Q-lity Slim CD-RW Model SCW-446U 98 driver.)
- You will then see a new drive letter for the Qlity CDRW drive.
- Close other software applications while writing to the CDRW drive to avoid buffer overrun.
- If you are using the CDRW drive with a notebook computer, DO use A/C power supply instead of using the notebook battery.