From Jun 2023, staff and students can use MATLAB, Simulink and a related suite of toolboxes for technical computing. MATLAB allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programmes written in other languages.
New versions of MATLAB and Simulink are released by MathWorks from time to time. If you cannot use the software on your computer, please check if the version you have is the latest one. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical support.
MathWorks Account Activation
Staff and students can install and use the latest version of MATLAB and Simulink on their computers after activating their MathWorks accounts. Please see the MathWorks Account Activation Guide and activate your account here with your EdUHK network account and password. After installing the software, MATLAB and Simulink can be used online or offline.
Modules AvailableFor available modules, please refer to "Products on Campus-Wide Licenses".
All staff and students are eligible to install and use MATLAB and Simulink. Please activate the MathWorks account accordingly if needed.
Departments can arrange installation of MATLAB and Simulink in their computer labs. Please contact Mr. Ivan Lam at email@example.com for the required media and licence key.
Disclaimer: The provision of MATLAB is subject to the licence agreement between the University and service provider, and may be changed without prior notice.
Resources for users
- MATLAB Online - Allows you to access MATLAB from a web browser.
- MATLAB Self-Paced Courses - Get unlimited access to self-paced, interactive courses with your MathWorks account.
- MATLAB Answers - Ask and find the best answers about MATLAB and Simulink. MATLAB Central gives you support and solutions from MATLAB community members and MathWorks employees.
- Teaching resources for Educators - Instant access for faculty to free courseware, webinars, and other tools to integrate MATLAB and Simulink into their curriculum.
- MATLAB Mobile - Evaluate MATLAB commands, create and edit files, visualize data, and view results – all from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.