Office 365 mailbox Setup Procedures for Android system
We recommend user to use Microsoft Outlook App to access your email. If you prefer to use other email client to receive email/Calendar/Contacts on your mobile device, please make sure the app app meets the minimum requirements for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) enabled account.
- Setup email account using Microsoft Outlook for Android app.
- Setup email account using Android 7.x Mail app.
- Setup email account using Android 4.x Mail app.
Setup email account using Microsoft Outlook app.
- Open Microsoft Outlook for Android . If you don't have it yet, download it from the Google PlayStore.
- Enter your EdUHK email address when prompt. And press "continue".
- Enter your EdUHK password when prompt. And press "Sign In".
- If your account is enabled with Multi-Factor Authentication - MFA, you need to "Approve" the login from the Microsoft Authenticator app. Otherwise, go to next step.
- Tap "Activate" to grant the required permission for the app.
For Android version 7.x
- Choose Settings
- Select "Add account".
- Select "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Enter your full email address (e.g. email@example.com) and account password (Note: If your account is enabled with Multi-Factor Authentication - MFA, you need to use "App Password" rather than your EduHK password. If you can't recall it, please visit Create an app password for Office 365 MFA ). And enter server address as "outlook.office365.com". Then click "Next"
- When the security warning prompts, choose "OK"
- After the verification completes, you will be prompted to select account options. Choose "Push" email and then select the types of data to synchronize (e.g. Mail, Contacts, Calendar) then tap "Next".
- Enter an account name when prompted. Then tap "Done".
- Setup completes.
For Android version 4.x
Screen capture from a Samsung device with Android 4.3
Screen capture from a Samsung S5 device with Android 4.4.2
Screen capture from a Nexus device with Android 4.4.2