Computers with Windows 7 provided by OCIO are using 32-bit version while the Windows 10 is using 64-bit version. If you need to share a printer connected on a Windows 7 computer and want to share it to user using Windows 10. You must provide the 64-bit printer driver on the Windows 7 computer.
Please follow the steps below on how to add the 64-bit printer driver on the 32-bit version of Windows 7.
- On the Windows 7 computer (the one connected with printer), choose Start -> Device and Printers.
- Right click on the printer and choose Printer Properties.
- From the Sharing tab click Additional Drivers....
- Tick the option for x64 processor and press OK to install the driver.
- Provide the required driver when prompt.
- When finished, you can go to the Windows 10 computer (the client computer) to add the shared printer.