OCIO is offering the ESET Endpoint AntiVirus software to our staff and students for home use. Please follow the steps below to download the software and install it on your home PC.
- Download ESET NOD32 AntiVirus (i.e. eav_nt32_enu.exe) from here and save it on your home PC.
Note: If you have already installed another anti-virus software, please uninstall it before installing ESET NOD32 AntiVirus software. Please refer to the FAQ "How to uninstall Windows Software?" for details.
- Get the license key for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus from the page you have downloaded the software as in step 1. You are recommended to copy them to a file (e.g. a text file) so that they could be re-used later during the installation.
- Run "eav_nt32_enu.exe" that you have downloaded to install the software, and follow the instructions on screen.
- When you get the following screen, choose "Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications". Then click "Install"
- When it prompts for license key, copy them from the file (see step 2) and paste to the spaces provided. Then click "Next".
Note: If you enter a new license key, please refer to "How to renew the license key for ESET NOD32 AntiVirus?"