Turn on "Track changes" while you edit:
- Open the document you want to revise.
- From the menu bar, click "View -> "Toolbar" -> "Reviewing"
- Click "Track Change" from the "Reviewing" toolbar.
- When the Track Changes feature is enabled, "TRK " appears on the status bar at the bottom of your document.
- Make the changes you want by inserting, deleting, or moving text or graphics. You can also change formatting.
Turn off "Change Tracking":
- First, you need to accept/reject the changes made before by using the "Accept Change " and "Reject Change/Delete Comment " button.
- From the menu bar, click "Tools" -> "Track Changes"
- When you turn off change tracking, "TRK" is dimmed.Notes: Same procedures in Word 2000 and Word 2002 but with little difference in icons.