Skip to main content

Government grants and loans
The Government’s Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA) provides means-tested financial assistance to needy full-time students through the Tertiary Student Finance Scheme – Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS) or the Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) in the form of a grant and/or loan.


Bursaries and loans
Bursaries and loans are available to local financial needy students in full-time undergraduate programmes. There are several kinds of bursaries:


  • General bursaries
  • Hall bursaries
  • Language-immersion bursaries
  • Bursaries for students with disabilities


Exchange subsidy
The Scheme for Subsidy on Exchange for Post-secondary Students (SSE) and the renamed Scheme for Means-tested Subsidy on Exchange to “Belt and Road” Regions for Post-secondary Students (Means-tested SSEBR) are offered by the Education Bureau (EDB) of the HKSAR Government to support financially needy students’ participation in outbound exchange activities.


The EDB also offers two non-means-tested subsidy schemes for exchange activities – the Non-means-tested Mainland Experience Scheme for Post-Secondary Students (Non-means-tested MES) and the Scheme for Non-means-tested Subsidy on Exchange to “Belt and Road” Regions for Post-Secondary Students (Non-means-tested SSEBR) – to encourage more post-secondary students in Hong Kong to pursue exchange activities in the Mainland and other Belt and Road regions.


Emergency fund/loan
Students with unforeseeable financial hardship caused by emergency circumstances may apply for emergency grants and loans throughout the academic year.


For details, please click here.



 Early Childhood Education
 Professional Development