Application & Eligibility
All EdUHK students enrolled in full-time undergraduate programmes (both government-funded and self-funded) can apply for exchange programme.
Applicant should fulfill the following criteria at the time of application:
- Do well in your EdUHK courses with a cumulative GPA of 2.5* or above ;
- Meet specific requirements set by the preferred exchange institution. Requirements such as field of study, language proficiency^ (English or other language), year of study, etc., can be found from exchange partners' factsheets;
- Complete at least 1 year of full-time undergraduate study at EdUHK before the start of exchange;
- Attain good language ability; and
- Be a good ambassador of EdUHK
*Successful applicant has to maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above in the semester just before the exchange study. If not, the Global Affairs Office (GAO) will withdraw the student exchange nomination.
^ IELTS (academic version) result and TOEFL result are accepted by institutions with English requirements in general. Please refer to Language Proficiency Requirement for more information.
Application has to be submitted to the GAO at least ONE semester or more before the preferred exchange semester.
- Students who are enrolled in 4-year undergraduate programmes that are open for Senior Year Entry only should consult with their Programme Offices about joining SEP.
- Students who participated in the Student Exchange Programmes (SEP) before are welcome to apply, but a lower priority will be given so that other students can have the opportunity in joining SEP.
- Approval from the respective Programme Office is required for participation in SEP in student’s final year final semester.
Interested students can apply for the exchange programme by following these steps:
- Join the briefing session(s)
- Read through the Application Guidelines and Summary Table (Annex 1)
- Discuss with program director/ program coordinator regarding the exchange study plan and study pathway after the exchange
- Submit the application online with required documents by the deadline via the Global Engagement Management System (GEMS). Please refer to the User Manual for steps and instructions before making submission
Please have the following documents on hand while you are filling in the Global Engagement Management System (GEMS) (Online Application System):
- Proof of language proficiency* (If necessary)
*For candidates who have chosen the exchange institution(s) with specific language proficiency requirement (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, JPLT, etc.), valid test result must be submitted with the application form.
For other outbound exchange resources, e.g. window semester(s), financial supports, briefing PPT etc., please refer to the download area for outbound exchange.
* Click HERE to know more about SEP*
For enquiry on the Student Exchange Programmes, please contact Global Affairs Office (GAO).