All full-time undergraduate students can apply for SEP and here are the general requirements:
- Should have a minimum cumulative *GPA of 2.5 by the time of application and before departure for the exchange;
- Should fulfill the general requirements as well as specific requirements set by the host institutions, if any. Requirements such as field of study, ^language proficiency (English or other languages), GPA requirement, year of study, etc., can be found from exchange partners' factsheets;
- Should have completed at least one year of full-time undergraduate study at EdUHK by the time of going on exchange;
- Approval from the respective Programme Office is required for participation in SEP in student’s final year final semester; and
- Applicants should have an acceptable level of proficiency in Putonghua and English, as appropriate.
*Successful applicant has to maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above in the semester just before the exchange study. If not, the Global Affairs Office (GAO) will withdraw the student exchange nomination.
^ IELTS (academic version) result and TOEFL result are accepted by institutions with English requirements in general. Please refer to Language Proficiency Requirement for more information.
Application has to be submitted to the GAO at least ONE semester or more before the preferred exchange semester.
< Remarks >
- Students enrolled in 4-year undergraduate programmes that are open for Senior Year Entry only should consult with their Programme Office before making application.
- Students who participated in the Student Exchange Programmes (SEP) before are welcome to apply, but a lower priority will be given so that other students can have the opportunity in joining SEP.
- Approval from the respective Programme Office is required for participation in SEP in student’s final year final semester.
Interested students can apply for SEP by following these steps:
- Join the briefing session(s);
- Read through the Application Guidelines and Summary Table (Annex 1);
- Discuss with Programne Director/ Programme Coordinator regarding the exchange study plan and study pathway after exchange;
- Submit the application online with required documents by the stipulated deadline via the Global Engagement Management System (GEMS);
- For applicants who have chosen exchange institution(s) with specific language proficiency requirements, it is mandatory for you to upload a valid proof of language proficiency (i.e. IELTS, TOFEL, supporting letter on English proficiency from professor, JLPT, etc.) at the time of your application and late submission of supporting document will not be accepted; and
- Please refer to the User Manual for steps and instructions before making submission.
Please have the following documents on hand while you are filling in the online application form via Global Engagement Management System (GEMS) (Online Application System):
- Proof of language proficiency* (If necessary)
*For candidates who have chosen the exchange institution(s) with specific language proficiency requirement (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, JPLT, etc.), valid test result must be submitted with the application form.
For other SEP resources, e.g. window semester(s), sample language proficiency letter, etc., please refer to the Download Area for details.
* Click HERE (e.g. PPT, student feedbacks) to know more about SEP*
For enquiry on the Student Exchange Programmes, please contact Global Affairs Office (GAO).