Application & Eligibility
All EdUHK students enrolled in full-time undergraduate programmes (both government-funded and self-funded) can apply for exchange programme. Application has to be submitted to the Global Affairs Office ONE academic year before the preferred exchange semester.
You should fulfill the following criteria at the time of application:
- Meet specific requirements set by the preferred exchange institution. Requirements such as field of study, language proficiency (English* or other language), year of study, etc., can be found on our exchange partners' factsheets;
- Complete at least 1 year of full-time undergraduate study at EdUHK before the start of exchange;
- Do well in your EdUHK courses with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above by the time of application and before departure for exchange;
- Attain good language ability; and
- Being a good ambassador for the EdUHK
*A minimum overall band of 6 in the academic version of IELTS; TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based test) or 80 (internet-based test); Level 3 or above in English Language in the HKDSE; or equivalent, is a general requirement of EdUHK.
Students can apply for the exchange programme by following these steps:
- Join the briefing session
- Read through the Application Guidelines and Annex 1 (List of Host Institutions)
- Discuss with program director/ program coordinator regarding the exchange study plan and study pathway after the exchange
- Submit the application online with language proficiency proof* by the deadline
*For candidates who have chosen the exchange institution(s) with specific language proficiency test requirement (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, JPLT, etc), the valid test result should be submitted with the application form on or before the deadline.
Please have the following documents in hands while you are filling in the Application Form:
- A digital copy of a passport-sized photo (in .jpg format, file should not exceed 600KB)
- Proof of language proficiency (if any)
- A Personal Statement (in pdf format)
For enquiry on the student exchange program, please contact Global Affairs Office (GAO).