Home > Counselling > Psychological Counselling

The Counselling Service at the Student Affairs Office helps students to make the right changes and decisions in their life.  Counselling goes beyond problem-solving, it provides  support for students and helps them discover more about themselves and their  potential.  Our counsellors are professionally trained and experienced.  We offer free and confidential individual counselling sessions where students are always welcome to come and talk to us about your concerns, whether it is related to study or personal, inter-personal and emotional matters.


Making an Appointment with a Counsellor

You may come in person, call or email to make an appointment with our counsellors.

Location                  : 1/F., Cho Kwai Chee Foundation Building, Tai Po Campus

Tel                            : 2948 6245

Email                       : saocs@eduhk.hk

Office hours             :

Monday to Friday

8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

2:00 p.m. to 5:20 p.m.

(A counsellor will contact you within 3 working days)


Drop-in Sessions

Location                   : 1/F., Cho Kwai Chee Foundation Building, Tai Po Campus

Tuesday and Friday :

8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

2:00 p.m. to 5:20 p.m.

(You can talk to the duty counsellor immediately, on a first-come, first-served basis)


EdUHK 24-Hour Counselling Hotline for Students: 82081155

The hotline is exclusively for the students of the EdUHK, especially when they are in need of counselling support outside office hours.  It operates 7 days a week including holidays.  The University entrusts professional counsellors of Christian Family Service Centre to answer students’ call and provide immediate emotional support to students.  Counsellors of the Student Affairs Office will provide further assistance to students when in need.

If you have feedback or views on the EdUHK 24-Hour Counselling Hotline, please enter here.  Your opinions will be used to help improve the Hotline service.


Counselling Services Leaflet

For details on our Counselling Services, please refer to our Leaflet.


Students’ Sharing on Counselling Experiences

We have invited some students receiving counselling to share their feelings, thoughts and reflection.  They would like to encourage other students in need to receive counselling.

For details, click here.


Counselling Service Liaison Person

For better communication and collaboration with faculties, we have counsellors as liaison person for each faculty on counselling related issues.  Faculty members are encouraged to contact their counselling service liaison person for consultation on student cases or referral of student for counselling.  Please click here for contact information of counselling service liaison person.


Making a Referral

* Staff who wish to refer a student to counselling service, please obtain consent from the student and complete a Referral form (for staff only).

* For easy reference, please read Counselling Services: Collaborating with University Staff to Support Students. (for staff only).


Counselling Service FAQ

Q1: How much does it charge for counselling service?

A: Counselling service for EduHK students is free of charge.  All students are eligible for counselling service.


Q2: Will my classmates, parents or teachers know that I am receiving counselling service?

A: Your personal information and contents discussed during counselling process are kept confidential.  Your information will not be disclosed to your classmates, parents, teachers or others without your consent.


Q3: Is it only problematic students seek for counselling?

A: No, all students may face challenges during their university life.  Students who seek for counselling are those with courage to face their challenges and are motivated to improve their coping strategies.


Q4: One of my classmates looks distressed for quite some time.  He is facing some difficulties and finds no ways to resolve it.  What can I do to help him?

A: Tell him your observation and show your care to him.  Encourage him to talk to a counsellor to explore possible solutions to overcome the difficulties.  If he does not feel like taking the steps for whatever reasons, with his consent, you can make an appointment with a counsellor on behalf of him, and accompany him to the counselling service centre.