Following the EdUHK’s guiding principles on equal opportunities, we strive to develop a barrier-free learning environment to students with special needs. With concerted efforts of the Registry, Academic Faculties and Departments, Estate Office, Library and Student Affairs Office and other supporting units, we are committed to provide care and support to students with special needs in order to enhance their participation in the academic activities and campus life of the University.
“Special Needs” is an umbrella term, covering impairments, activity limitations, and participation restrictions. Potential types of Special Needs include but are not limited to:
- Hearing impairment
- Visual impairment
- Physical disability (e.g. wheelchair user)
- Speech impairment
- Chronic illness
- Mental illness (e.g. mood disorder, psychosis)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Specific learning difficulties (e.g. dyslexia)
Support Services may include academic accommodations, special examination arrangement, modified campus facilities, counselling and career services, bursary and Scholarship.
- Bursary, Scholarship and Award
- Counselling Service
- Career Service
- List of Support Services and Facilities for SEN Students from other Offices
- Disclose your special need to the Registry during your admission or call the equal opportunities enquiry hotline at 29486245 when in need.
- SAO staff will invite you to an interview to understand your specific need (Please bring along documentation from recognized professionals on your special needs)
- SAO staff will liaise with the offices/supporting units on the support services requested
- If you need academic support, a designated representative from your department or faculty will discuss with you the type of support required.
- Please click here
For information and assistance, please call 2948 6245 or email to email@example.com
EdUHK is committed to providing a productive study and work environment which promotes fairness, positive interpersonal attitudes and equal opportunities for all its students and employees.
Students can visit the webpage https://www.eduhk.hk/equal_opportunities/ or contact the Equal Opportunities and Disability Access Officer at 29486012 to know about the University’s Equal Opportunities Policy.