The University is committed to creating a culturally diversified yet cohesive campus. Various schemes and programmes have been adopted to achieve this, e.g. International Tutors Scheme, Buddy Programme and “Learn Globally@EdUHK". Please browse the University’s Internationalisation website to get more information.
The Buddy Programme organised by the Global Affairs Office (GAO) provides EdUHK students a platform to discover life outside Hong Kong while staying on campus, and to broaden social network by making friends with students from all over the world. Through the programme, students can also develop invaluable attributes for ethical responsibility and future career.
Incoming students from overseas and Greater China region will be paired with student buddy who helps them to settle in and adjust to the new environment.
If you are interested in different cultures and ready to help those from overseas to learn more about Hong Kong community, Buddy Programme would like to hear from you.
We are looking for students who are:
• Eager to embrace the cultural diversity
• Highly responsible
• Willing to communicate in English and Putonghua
• Able to help and work with others
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide support to exchange students/ student-teachers during their stay in Hong Kong;
• Help them adjust to the new environment;
• Assist them to get resources from school facilities and help them to understand the university’s rules & regulations;
• Share Hong Kong and Chinese culture; and
• Be engaged in activities organised by GAO, including but not limited to Student Exchange Prgoramme Registration and Orientation.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A BUDDY
• Develop global mindset and intercultural skills
• Foster competencies in problem solving skills and communication
• Enhance awareness of and commitment to being a caring and socially responsible person
• Receive iWork upon completion of the programme
• Full-time EdUHK student (first-year students are normally NOT eligible);
• Succeed in interview (shortlisted students are required to attend online group interview); and
• Full attendance at all compulsory activities: Buddy training workshop, Student Exchange Programme Registration and Orientation.
Students who fail to attend the compulsory activities will be released from the Buddy Programme.
Interested students are welcome to submit the completed Online Application Form by 09:00, 2 July 2021 (Friday). Incomplete or late applications will not be entertained.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online group interview on 5 July or 6 July 2021 and the final result will be announced on 16 July 2021 (Friday).
Contact the Global Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.