Over 200 experts and scholars discuss school and teacher leadership in educational change
More than 200 principals and teacher leaders from primary, secondary and special schools, as well as officials from the School Leadership and Professional Development Section of the Education Bureau, participated in the Teacher and School Leadership in Educational Change Forum on 19 January 2019. The forum was organised by the Teacher and School Development Special Interest Group of the Department of Education Policy and Leadership (EPL) and The Joseph Lau Luen Hung Charitable Trust Asia Pacific Centre for Leadership and Change.
Professor Chiu Chi-shing, Adjunct Professor together with Dr Daphnee Lee, Assistant Professor at EPL led the forum which focused on the introduction of the T-Standard+, a teacher professional development framework developed by the Education Bureau. Scholars and practitioners from EPL presented their work focusing on school and teacher leadership in educational change. The topics were:
• “Teacher and School Leadership in Educational Change: An Overview” by Professor Chiu Chi-sing
• “Teacher Professional Development: New Professional Standards, New Professional Ladder” by Dr Sylvia Tang Yee-fan, Associate Professor
• “Middle Leader as Edupreneur: Inspiring Teacher Professionalism” by Dr Darren Bryant, Head and Associate Professor, and Mr Maxwell Ho Chun-sing, Lecturer
• “School Risk Management and Law” by Mr Chong Yiu-kwong, Senior Lecturer
• “What are the Qualities of a Teacher as a Co-constructor of Knowledge?” by Dr James Ko Yue-on, Assistant Professor
• “How can Principals Build Vibrant Learning Organizations? How to Inspire Teacher Leaders via Professional Learning Communities?” by Dr Daphnee Lee, Professor Chiu Chi-shing and Mr Joe Hui Hon-wing, Lecturer
EdUHK is a pioneer university in addressing the implications for the T-Standard+ on teacher and school development. The forum is expected to rerun in mid-2019.