What is Shi Tu Scheme?
Shi Tu Scheme, supported by Tin Ka Ping Foundation, is a one-on-one project-based apprenticeship scheme that aims at:
- cultivating sharing of teaching philosophies and commitment to teaching;
- encouraging culture of respecting teachers and caring for students;
- enriching students’ scope of professional knowledge and work experiences;
- promoting students' positive work ethics and attitudes.
It is also hoped that the Scheme will create opportunities to strengthen bonding between teachers and students.
Who are 'Shi-tu'?
- Shi comes from the word “Shi-fu”. Shi means teacher/ instructor/ mentor while Fu means father/ tutor;
- Tu comes from the work “Tu-di”. Tu means student/ apprentice/ mentee while Di means pupil/ younger brother;