Peer Mentoring Programme is designed to facilitate new students’ university life adjustment. Senior students will serve as Peer Mentors to accompany new students and provide necessary support during the first semester of their university studies.
Who are Peer Mentors?
Peer Mentors are EdUHK full-time students from undergraduate and higher-diploma programmes who:
- attained satisfactory academic performance;
- have reasonable knowledge and/or experiences in campus; and
- demonstrate positive attitudes and genuine desire to be helpful and empathetic.
What do Peer Mentors do?
- Join required training/ activity sessions
- During orientation period (late-Aug) and the first semester, Mentors shall follow up on the assigned new students, such as making contacts, sharing study tips and experiences of extra-curricular activities, organising group activities, etc.
How can I apply to become a Peer Mentor?
Application details will be announced through email and The Portal in May.
Recognitions for Peer Mentors?
- ELAT record in Category C: Contribution to the University and Student Organizations
- 3 hall points under Section D: Current University Representation & Leadership Role in Student Organization (for 2nd round Hall Admission Exercise)
- Certificate of participation
Our list of Peer Mentors 2022/23
我們的Peer Mentors | We are Peer Mentors | Video Series
Student Advising Team
Student Affairs Office