Personal Information Collection Statement
1. Provision of personal data is necessary for processing and follow up on the request/enquiry submitted by you. Personal data will also be collected from students in relation to their Field Experience study both in the programme and related activities organised by the Office.
2. The information collected from you will be used for the purposes of:
- authenticating your identify
- processing your request
- answering your enquiry
- facilitating the administration and arrangement in relation to Field Experience and/or activities organised by the Office
3. The submission of personal data is, in general, voluntary. However, insufficient, inaccurate or incomplete personal data may prevent SPFEO from providing a required service or answering an enquiry or making appropriate arrangement / proceeding with the purpose for which such data were requested, for Field Experience and related learning/activities.
4. It is possible that any information submitted electronically could be observed by a third party in transit. SPFEO or the University shall not be liable for any loss or damage to you as a result of this.
5. The Office will take all practical steps to keep the information we collect about you strictly confidential. Data may be provided to the University for administrative and academic purposes. We will not disclose any personal information provided by you to any external bodies or organisations, unless you have been consulted or we are required to do so by law.
6. The Office may include student’s work, name, programme, photos, and videos under Field Experience and related learning and activities in the Office’s promotion materials, publications, website or social media platforms upon notification and consent sought.
7. Information submitted to the Office may be kept for a maximum period of 12 months unless otherwise specified; or 5 years after graduation (applicable to EdUHK students); or 5 years after the project/scheme/event. Certain personal data in relation to Field Experience study of EdUHK students (e.g. final grade obtained in FE courses, names of placement schools) will continue to be retained upon students’ withdrawal or graduation from the programme.
8. You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by the Office within the retention period. We may charge you an administration fee for accessing the information. If you wish to access or correct your personal data held by SPFEO, please submit a request to email@example.com.