The School Partnership and Field Experience Office (SPFEO) is to support, coordinate and strengthen the policies and practices in school partnership, mentorship and field experience at the University level. The Office establishes and maintains mutually beneficial partnership with schools through actively supporting them in building a mentoring force and enhancing teachers’ professional development.
The major roles and responsibilities of the Office are as follows:
Field Experience is viewed as central to our education programmes at the EdUHK, because it:
- places student teachers in schools which are important sites for learning to teach and where they interpret, generate, interact and experiment with theory.
- encourages student teachers to innovate and reflect on their practice within a supportive environment as part of their professional development process.
- provides student teachers with the opportunity for socialisation into the profession.
- facilitates the creation of a learning community in which student teachers, supporting teachers and EdUHK supervisors can learn together and so mutually enhance their professional development.
- gives student teachers the opportunity to develop and ultimately to demonstrate their competence and readiness to enter the profession.