- Critical legal theory centering on human rights philosophy, ethics and politics
- Critical public health studies
- Cultural politics of race/ethnicity/migration
- Digital humanities for social diversity
- Gender and sexuality studies related to media and visual culture
- International and Asia-based media and cultural studies
- Youth studies in transnational contexts
- Confucianism, Chinese intellectual history and East Asian hermeneutic traditions focusing on the interpretation theories of the Classic of Changes (Yijing and their commentaries), involving the disciplines of history, philology, philosophy, and their inner connections.
副系主任 / 副教授
- Diaspora and exile
- Globality and transnationalism
- Postcolonial feminist fictions and theory cultural studies, film studies and visual culture
- Postcolonial studies
副系主任 / 助理教授
- Global Englishes Supporting Marginalized and Vulnerable Groups
- Informal Digital Learning of English (IDLE)
- Intelligent Computer Assisted Language Learning (ICALL)
- Media Multitasking
- Positive Psychology in Second Language Acquisition English as an International Language
- Willingness to Communicate in Digital and Non-digital Contexts
- Chinese Language Teaching (Specially in Putonghua teaching, PMI and Teaching Chinese as a Second Language)
- Chinese Linguistics (Specially in Chinese Paleography, Etymology and Phonology)
- History of Chinese Language (Specially in the ancient period)
- Computer assisted language learning (CALL)
- Corpus linguistics, corpus-based language pedagogy (CBLP)
- Mobile assisted language learning (MALL)
- Second language vocabulary acquisition
*Individual field of study such as English language may have higher requirement.
^The College English Test (CET) is not accepted as equivalent qualification.
The tuition fee for both local and non-local students (2023/24 academic year) is HK$42,100 (approximately US$5,400) per annum, which is provisional and subject to adjustment. The application fee for local applicants is HK$150 per programme. For non-local applicants, the application fee is HK$300. Please refer to the Section of "Non-local Applicants" for details.
For non-HK PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) applicants, please submit a full EdUHK application.