EdUHK Delegation Shares Insights into Teaching Experience at International Conference
A delegation of seven scholars and a graduate at The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) is presenting insights into various educational domains at the 7th Asia Pacific International Schools Conference (AISC) on 7 and 8 December 2022 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre (HKCEC).
AISC is an annual event which gathers the international school community and world-renowned education experts to explore and discuss the latest issues and learning innovations.
The conference is supported by the Department of Education Policy and Leadership (EPL) and The Joseph Lau Luen Hung Charitable Trust Asia Pacific Centre for Leadership and Change at EdUHK. This year, it has attracted an audience of over 500 delegates and representatives, from more than 22 countries and regions in Asia Pacific. Thirty-two speakers are delivering presentations on the themes of Reimagining Education, Women in School Leadership, and Environmental, Social and Governance.
Dr Daphnee Lee, Associate Professor in EPL, gave a keynote presentation on ‘Redefining “Distinction”: Comparative insights into international schools’ identities and relevance in postcolonial Hong Kong and Singapore’ on 7 December. Other members of the University’s delegation are:
- Dr Lu Jiafang, Associate Professor, EPL
- Dr Ewan Wright, Assistant Professor, EPL
- Dr Maxwell Ho Chun-sing, Senior Lecturer, EPL
- Dr Percy Kwok Lai-yin, Senior Lecturer, EPL
- Dr Mark Harrison, Lecturer in the Department of International Education
- Dr Glenn Hui Kwok-hung, Part-time Lecturer in the Department of Asian and Policy Studies
- Dr Dora Li Dongyu, Assistant Professor of Graduate School of Education at Beijing Foreign Studies University and graduate of EdUHK
AISC is also running the Learning and Teaching Expo at HKCEC, where Dr Darren Bryant, Head of EPL, will deliver a keynote presentation entitled ‘Shaping the future: leaders designing the schools we need’ on 8 December.
For registration and further information of the conference, please visit the AISC website.