EdUHK Delegation to Share Insights into Teaching Experience at International Conference
A delegation of 11 scholars and three graduates at The Education University of Hong Kong (EdUHK) will present their insights into various educational domains to an international audience at the 6th Asia Pacific International Schools Conference (AISC) to be held on 8 and 9 December 2021 at Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
AISC is an annual event which gathers the international school community and world-renowned education experts to explore and discuss on the latest issues and learning innovations.
Supported by the Department of Education Policy and Leadership (EPL), and The Joseph Lau Luen Hung Charitable Trust Asia Pacific Centre for Leadership and Change at EdUHK this year, the conference will attract an anticipated audience of over 500 delegates and representatives from more than 22 countries in the Asia Pacific region. At least 37 speakers will deliver their presentations on the themes of ‘Leadership in education’, ‘Reimaging education’, ‘How do teachers nurture long term student wellbeing?’, and ‘Diversity, equity and inclusion in international schools’.
Dr Darren Bryant, Associate Professor and Head at EPL, and Professor Liz Jackson at the Department of International Education, will give their keynote presentations on ‘Reimagining Education: What’s Worth Keeping?’ and ‘It’s Okay to Have a Bad Day: The Dark Side of Education for Well-being and Resilience’ respectively. Other members of the University’s delegation are:
- Dr Chen Junjun, Associate Professor at EPL
- Dr Lu Jiafang, Associate Professor at EPL
- Dr Miron Bhowmik, Assistant Professor at EPL
- Dr Jan Gube, Assistant Professor at the Department of Curriculum and Instruction
- Dr Hayes Tang Hei-hang, Assistant Professor at EPL
- Dr Ewan Wright, Assistant Professor at EPL
- Dr Winnie Lam Wai-man, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics and Information Technology
- Dr Maxwell Ho Chun-sing, Lecturer at EPL
- Dr Kanwal Hassan, Research Assistant at APCLC
- Graduates of the Executive Master of Arts in International Educational Leadership and Change programme: Dr Anthony Adames, Principal of Creative Secondary School; Mr Arnett Edwards, Principal of Li Po Chun United World College; and Ms Lee Sui-po, Principal of Sam Shui Natives Association Huen King Wing School
For registration and further information of the conference, please visit the AISC website.