Master of Arts in Global Histories of Education (MAGHE) is unique because it combines the disciplines of history, history of education and present-focused educational sciences. It puts an emphasis on the modern period since the twentieth century.
Applications should hold a recognised Bachelor’s degree in history, education or any other relevant discipline. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution in a non-English speaking system should normally fulfil one of the following minimum English proficiency requirements:
- IELTS 6.0; or
- GCSE / GCE OL English, Grade C; or
- TOEFL 80 (internet-based test); or
- CET Band 6 (a total score of 430 or above and the test result should be valid within two years).
Notes to Non-local Applicants
- Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution in a non-English speaking system should include their most recent IELTS / TOEFL test result in the application documents. Otherwise the application may be delayed.
- It normally takes 6-8 weeks for the Hong Kong Immigration Department to process visa applications. You are therefore strongly advised to submit your application as early as possible.
- Your application can be completed online without going through any education agencies.
3rd round application deadline (Full-time mode) - September 2022 intake:
Non-local students: 31 May 2022
Local students: 31 May 2022
Applicants are advised to login their online application account to view their application results. Successful applicants will receive individual notifications by email / post. Those who do not receive an admission offer in the main round may be put into our waiting list or their applications are being processed in the subsequent round(s).
For details of the admission schedule, please refer to Registry’s website.
Programme Code: A1M106
Study Mode: One-year Full-time
Every effort has been made to ensure that information contained in this website is correct. Changes to any aspects of the programmes may be made from time to time due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control and the University reserves the right to make amendments to any information contained in this website without prior notice. The University accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from any use or misuse of or reliance on any information contained in this website. In the event of any disputes regarding the website content, the University reserves the right to make the final decision.
EdUHK does not encourage students to entrust their application to any thrid party agents and we always contact applicants directly on updates regarding the applications. You must complete and submit your own application and provide your own personal and contact detail. Please refer to the offical EdUHK channels, such as programme websites and the admission system, for the required information to complete your application.