You are expected to attend pre-departure briefings organized by GAO to get yourself prepared for the exchange.
- Briefing 1: Planning: arranging your studies, accommodation, visa application, and other essential matters.
- Briefing 2: Mindset: handling culture shock, travel insurance, and creating an e-portfolio on your exchange.
- Briefing 3: Practical arrangements: journey and financial matters, what to do on arrival, cultural immersion, health and safety.
Schedule of pre-departure briefings will be announced in due course.
- Receive admission letter and/or related documents
- Check your passport and visa requirements
- Your passport should be valid for at least six months after completion of your exchange study
- Apply for a student visa (according to the immigration rules set by the host country)
- Confirm your accommodation at the exchange destination
- Confirm accommodation with the host
- Double-check the check-in date for your accommodation
- Purchase air ticket/ Make necessary logistic arrangements
- Submit a study plan to your major Faculty/ Department as appropriate
- Plan your studies at your host institution for Block Credit Transfer (BCT)
- Identify suitable courses at the host institution
- Read the EdUHK Registry guidelines on credit transfer before you go
- Discuss your study path with Programme Office
- Purchase insurance covering your entire time overseas
- You can purchase top-up insurance from EdUHK’s appointed agent or other insurance agent on your own
- Take care of housekeeping matters at EdUHK before your departure
- Paid EdUHK’s tuition fees and settle all bills such as library fine (if any)
- Check out the transportation arrangement to your host institution.
- Double check the departure and return date of your flight ticket
- Research how to get to your host institution
- Estimate your budget and prepare for financial matters
- Estimate your living costs and plan your budget carefully.
- Research ways to pay your expense overseas (e.g. ATM withdrawal, credit cards and cash)
- Pack your suitcase
- Submit the following documents to GAO
- Acceptance Letter from the host (Copy)
- Passport Copy
- Student Visa/ Resident Permit, if any (Copy)
- BCT Application Form (Original)
- Extra Insurance Policy (Copy)
- Flight Itinerary (Copy)
- Pre-departure Survey (on-line form)
- Quotation of Air Tickets (Copy) and Air Ticket Comparison Table (GLEF applicants only)