Arriving at Host Institution
□ Contact your family and report safety
□ Attend orientation (if any) by the host
- To familiarize the host environment and meet new friends.
- To understand rules and customs in the host institution.
- To identify channels for assistance (local International Office/ Study Abroad Office and student union).
□ Update your up-to-date contact details at the host institution
□ Keep checking your EdUHK email and EdUHK announcements to avoid missing important deadlines while away
- Pay attention to course registration and hostel arrangement for EdUHK in next semester because the application will be done online during your summer abroad period.
□ Be an ambassador of EdUHK and Hong Kong
- Get ready to share if you are invited to sharing session on your culture and Hong Kong.
- Be responsible, accountable and open-minded to new things.
□ Safety issues
- Stay aware of current events in your host country and if any serious event happens, stay calm and seek assistance from appropriate channels.
- Keep a contact list for emergency situation handy (e.g. save contacts of family members and Chinese embassy in your host country in your phone).
- If an item is lost or stolen, report it to the local police and collect a police report in English for reference, and possible insurance claims.
- Take a picture of your visa and passport in your phone in case you accidentally lost the documents.