You are expected to attend pre-departure briefings organized by GAO to get yourself prepared for going abroad in summer. Schedule of pre-departure briefing will be announced via email once confirmed.
- Receive admission letter and/or related documents
- Check your visa and passport requirements
- Your passport should be valid for at least six months after you plan to finish your overseas trip.
- You need to apply for a student visa for studying in your host country if it is required.
- Confirm your accommodation at the summer exchange destination
- Confirm accommodation with the host.
- Double-check the check-in date for your accommodation.
- Purchase air ticket/ Make necessary logistic arrangements
- Check out the transportation arrangement to your host institution.
- Double check the departure and return date of your flight ticket.
- Research how to get to your host institution.
- Purchase insurance covering your entire time overseas
- You can purchase top-up insurance from EdUHK's appointed agent or other insurance agent on your own.
- Estimate your budget and prepare for financial matters
- Estimate your living costs and plan your budget carefully.
- Research ways to pay your expense overseas (e.g. ATM withdrawal, credit cards and cash)
- Submit the following documents to GAO
- Acceptance Letter from the host (Copy)
- Passport Copy
- Student Visa/ Resident Permit, if any (Copy)
- Extra Insurance Policy (Copy)
- Flight Itinerary (Copy)
- Quotation of Air Tickets (Copy) and Air Ticket Comparison Table (GLEF applicants only)