Arriving EdUHK

Arriving EdUHK

Landing in Hong Kong

When you arrive in Hong Kong, you must show your e-Visa to an immigration officer for activiation. You will then receive a landing slip showing “Student-Permitted to remain until DD-MM-YYYY”. It bears your name, travel document number, arrival date, conditions and limit of stay in Hong Kong. Without the landing slip, your student visa is not activated and you will NOT be able to register with The Education University of Hong Kong. Students should keep the landing slip as it is a proof of your condition of stay in Hong Kong.

Getting to EdUHK

Getting to EdUHK From the airport, you can make your way to EdUHK either by bus from the Airport Ground Transportation Centre or by green taxi from the Airport Terminus.

By bus

Take Airbus E41 to Tai Po Central Bus Terminus

Make your way to the Airport Ground Transportation Centre and take bus E41. Alight when the bus reaches Tai Po Bus Terminus. From there, take a green taxi (around $40) or bus 74K to EdUHK. 74K departs from the same terminus. Check the route, fare and timetable here.

By taxi

Take green taxi from the Airport Terminus to EdUHK

Travelling to EdUHK by green taxi takes around 40-45 minutes and costs around HK$350-400 (including bridge/tunnel fees). You will need to pay an extra HK$6 for each piece of luggage. Not all drivers understand English so it is useful to show them the name and address of EdUHK in Chinese, as follows:

The Education University of Hong Kong
10 Lo Ping Road, Tai Po, New Territories

More transportation information can be found at

Apply for a Hong Kong ID card

Under Immigration Ordinance, Cap 115, Laws of Hong Kong, those who stay in Hong Kong for over 180 days are required to apply for a Hong Kong Identity Card within 30 days of arrival.

Information on the HKID card application is available at the Hong Kong Immigration Department website.

Medical / Dental Check-up

EdUHK provides free medical / dental check-up for all new full-time students. For details, please refer to Student Affairs Office (SAO)’s website.

Support services for non-local students

Please refer to the Student Affairs Office website for details.

We Would Love To Hear From You

Do you have
any enquiries?

Contact Us
Scroll To Top
Help Contact