There are several key items you might wish to check and have them ready before you depart for Hong Kong:
Make sure you have a valid passport; and received your e-Visa from EdUHK Global Affairs Office
Complete and submit the accommodation application form
Arrange travel and health insurance
Make sure you only bring what you will really need. Most general items can be bought in Hong Kong.
- Passport with valid student e-Visa (You must show your e-Visa to the Immigration Officer upon arrival in Hong Kong for activation)
- The letter of acceptance from EdUHK and original copies of your qualifications
- Copy of your personal insurance policy
- Admission Offer Letter and relevant academic qualification documents
- Cash in Hong Kong Dollars and credit cards
- Regular medication (if any) and a copy of the prescription
- Clothing suitable for Hong Kong weather
- Extra pairs of shoes or clothing if you are above average size, which might not be as easy to obtain in Hong Kong
- Laptop (if any)
Personal items are not provided by the student hostel, such as bedding, towels, toothbrush, tableware, dictionary, hair dryer, and conversion plug adapter (In Hong Kong the standard supply voltage is 220V). You can either bring the essential items with you or purchase in Hong Kong.
The living standard is comparatively high in Hong Kong. However, on average, the price of daily commodities is low. How much money you will need during your time in Hong Kong will depend on individual needs and lifestyle choices. The following table provides a general reference:
|Accommodation (on-campus)*||HK$5,530-11,070 (US$710-1,420)/semester|
|Hall Life Education*||HK$220 (US$28) / one-off payment|
|Local transportation^||HK$500-800 (US$65-100) / month|
*Subject to annual review.
^The amount varies depending on individual lifestyle.
Note: All figures are for reference only.