Initiative objective of this project
The pandemic crisis has impacted multifarious global sectors including education. To implement the department’s strategic plan on online education as a new paradigm for teaching and learning, the proposed project aims to encourage the development of initiatives using MOOC to enhance the quality of teaching among academic/ teaching staff. Here are the objectives:
- To develop and adopt innovative pedagogies for enhancing the e-learning and self-learning experience of students
- To offer and advance quality of teaching for SES’s online lessons
- To demonstrate excellence in online education of different subject areas of SES
MOOC course – Learning and teaching in Science
The 36-hour course “Learning and Teaching in Science” aims to
(i) provide essential knowledge and skills about learning and teaching in Science and;
(ii) enrich both pre-service as well as in-service teachers with highlighted issues in theories and practices for learning and teaching in specific topics, such as air quality, astronomy, etc.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain scientific concepts with up-to-date information.
- Incorporate up-to-date science content into classroom teaching.
- Explain relevant pedagogical approaches in science teaching.
- Apply pedagogical approaches with careful consideration for classroom use.
Pre-service and in-service teachers who are interested in enriching their knowledge and skills about learning and teaching in Science-related topics in Secondary and Primary schools.