Vision and Mission
The Department of Psychology aspires to be a leader in the Asia-Pacific region of psychology in education and related fields, and be at the cutting edge of scientific research, development, and teaching in psychology.
- To contribute to public understanding of psychology and its applications in education and beyond;
- To promote human development, learning, health, and well-being through high quality education, research, and services;
- To nurture students to become intellectually competent through scientific studies of human behavior, emotion, and thought;
- To cultivate in students professional ethics, a sense of social responsibility, cultural sensitivity, and good citizenship in a globalised world;
- To engage in high quality and high impact research both within and across disciplines;
- To cultivate collegiality and support for the career development of staff.