Currently, LML offers a Minor in Japanese Studies and a Minor in French Studies. A Minor in Korean Studies is under preparation and will be launched in the near future. Students need to take FIVE courses (i.e., 15 cps) to claim a minor. There are two ways to fulfill this 5-course requirement.
1. 4 Language Courses + 1 Culture Course (15CPs)
Language courses: from Level 1 to Level 4.
Culture courses: apart from courses offered by LML, there are courses offered by other departments. Student can choose the course depending on their study plan and preference.
- LIN3029 French Language and Culture
- LIN1041 The French-speaking World in Films
- HIS2036 History of Modern France (Offered by Department of Literature and Cultural Studies)
- LIN3032 Japanese Language and Culture
- LIN3040 Topics in Japanese-Chinese Translation: Manga and Popular Culture
- LIN2051 Introduction to Washoku: Culture of Japanese Cuisine
- HIS3010 Modern Japan and its Neighbors since the mid-19th Century (Offered by Department of Literature and Cultural Studies)
2. 3 Language Courses + 2 Culture Courses (15CPs)
Students with proven proficiency equivalent to Level 1 in the respective modern language can take an additional culture course to replace the Level 1 language course. Since culture courses may not be offered regularly, students are advised to take them whenever they are offered.
3. Plan ahead for the Minor
Students are encouraged to take the foundation language courses (i.e., Levels 1-2) and the culture course(s) before Year 3, so they can have a higher chance of studying the higher-level courses before graduation. Students with no knowledge in the target modern language can also take the culture courses first as most of them are taught in English and requires no proficiency in the target language. Students are advised to check the availability of these ML courses every semester before the registration period.
Students can also make use of the exchange study to earn credit points for the Minor programme in MLs. Students may transfer the credits of up to two courses (i.e., 6 cps) taken during the exchange semester. Courses that fulfil one of the following requirements will be allowed for credit transfer.
- taught in the modern language concerned
- with content related to the modern language concerned (e.g., Japanese philosophy taught in English)
Courses studied at universities outside of Korea, Japan, or France may also be eligible for credit transfer as long as either of the above requirements is fulfilled. Students are strongly advised to consult the respective instructor before they plan their exchange trip to ensure that the courses they plan to take during the exchange are eligible for credit transfer. The department has the final decision as to whether the transfer is successful or not.
Offering plan of ML courses*
|Level I||Every semester (including summer)|
|Level II||Semester 2 (every year)|
|Level III||Semester 2 (once every two years)|
|Level IV||Semester 2 (once every two years but not in the same year as Level III)|
|Language-cum-culture courses||Semester 2 (every year)|
*The offering plan is subject to change without prior notice
ご飯のお供 (Gohan no Otomo)
地点: 中央广场 (学校饭堂前面)
齐来玩日本传统游戏#2 - 坊主めくり
- Diplome d’ Etudes en Langue Francaise (DELF) and Diplome Approfondi de Langue Francaise (DALF)
- Test de Connaissance du Français (TCF)
- Uni Texas: Phonétique
- Dialogues en français – Niveau Débutant
- Learn French with Lingolia
轻松学法语 - 脱口秀及Youtube影片
轻松学日语 - 漫画及动漫
轻松学韩语 - 漫画及音乐