Dr HUANG, Jing Peter
- +852 2948 6882
- Chen, B.C., & Huang, J. (Corresponding Author) (2022). Toward a framework for understanding translation and interpreting teacher role identity. Frontiers in Psychology,13, 980196, 1-17. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2022.980196 [SSCI]
- Yip, J.W.C., Huang, J., & Teng, F. (2022). Identity and emotion of university English teachers during curriculum reform in China. Language, Culture and Curriculum. First published online: 11 January 2022. DOI: 10.1080/07908318.2021.2024843 [SSCI]
- Teng, F., & Huang, J. (2021). The effects of incorporating metacognitive strategies instruction into collaborative writing on writing complexity, accuracy, and fluency. Asia Pacific Journal of Education.First published online: 04 October 2021. DOI: 10.1080/02188791.2021.1982675 [SSCI]
- Huang, J., & Yip, J.W.C. (2021). Understanding ESL teachers’ agency in their early years of professional development: A three-layered Triadic Reciprocity framework.Frontiers in Psychology,12, 739271, 1-15. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2021.739271 [SSCI]
- Huang, J. (2021). Sustainability of professional development: A longitudinal case study of an early career ESL teacher’s agency and identity. Sustainability, 13(16), 9025, 1-13. DOI: 10.3390/su13169025 [SSCI]
- Huang, J., Wang, Y., & Teng, F. (2021). Understanding changes in teacher beliefs and identity formation: A case study of three novice teachers in Hong Kong. Teaching Education, 32(2), 193-207. DOI: 10.1080/10476210.2019.1693535 [Scopus]
- Liu, D.H., & Huang, J. (Corresponding Author) (2021). Rhetoric construction of Chinese expository essays: Implications for EFL composition instruction. SAGE Open, 11(1). DOI: 10.1177/2158244020988518 [SSCI]
- Teng, F., & Huang, J. (2019). Predictive effects of writing strategies for self-regulated learning on secondary school learners’ EFL writing proficiency.TESOL Quarterly. 53(1), 232-247. [SSCI]
- Huang, J., Lock, K.Y.N., & Feng, T. (2019). Autonomy in English language teaching: A case study of novice secondary school teachers in Hong Kong. Chinese Journal of Applied Linguistics, 42(1), 3-20. [Scopus]
- Huang, J., Long, N.N., & Teng, F. (2018). Affordances and foreign language education. Foreign Languages and Their Teaching (《外語與外語教學》), 2018, Issue 1 (Serial No. 298), 39-52. Published in Chinese. [CSSCI]
- Long, N.N., & Huang, J. (2017). Exploring researcher identity construction of university EFL teachers in China.Chinese Journal of Linguistics, 40(4), 371-391. [Scopus]
- Huang, J., & Lock, Y.N. (2016). Autonomy in foreign and second language teaching: Case studies of novice English teachers in mainland China and Hong Kong.Foreign Language Education (《外語教育》), Volume 16, 240-251. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference of the Independent Learning Association (ILA 2016), Wuhan, China.
- Huang, J., & Benson, P. (2013). Autonomy, agency and identity in foreign and second language education.Chinese Journal of Applied Linguistics, 36(1), 7-28.
- Allison, D., & Huang, J. (Corresponding Author) (2010). Learner choice and accommodation: Exploring comments in Chinese EFL learning diaries.Chinese Journal of Applied Linguistics, 33(3), 76-92.
- Huang, J. (2010). Teacher identity, teacher agency and teacher autonomy: Insights from my twenty-year teaching experiences.Education Research Monthly,Issue 8, 27-31. [Published in Chinese: 教師身份、教師能動、教師自主：二十年從教經歷的反思.《教育學術月刊》, 2010年第8期.].
- Benson, P., Chik, A., Gao, X.S., Huang, J., & Wang, W.F. (2009). Qualitative research in language teaching and learning journals, 1997–2006. The Modern Language Journal, 93(1), 79-90. [SSCI]
- Benson, P., & Huang, J. (2008). Autonomy in the transition from foreign language learning to foreign language teaching. DELTA,24 (special issue), 421-439. [Scopus]
- Huang, J. (2007). Teacher autonomy in second language education. Teaching English in China,30(1), 30-42.
- Huang, J. (2007). Research on teacher and learner autonomy in the context of English curriculum standards.Curriculum, Teaching Material and Method,27(8), 77-81. [Published in Chinese: 基於課程標準的教師和學習者自主性研究.《課程.教材.教法》] [CSSCI]
- Huang, J., & Benson, P. (2007). Teacher autonomy in second language education. Foreign Languages and Their Teaching, Serial No. 225, pp. 33-37. [Published in Chinese: 第二語言教育的教師自主性研究.《外語與外語教學》] [CSSCI]
- Huang, J. (2006). Learner resistance in metacognition training? An exploration of mismatches between learner and teacher agendas. Language Teaching Research, 10(1), 95-117. [SSCI]
- Huang, J. (2006). Fostering learner autonomy within constraints: Negotiation and mediation in an atmosphere of collegiality. Prospect: An Australian Journal of TESOL, 21(3), 38-57.
- Huang, J. (2005). A diary study of difficulties and constraints in EFL learning. System,33(4), 609-621. [SSCI]
- Huang, J. (2005). Metacognition training in the Chinese university Classroom: An action research study.Educational Action Research, 13(3), 413-434. [Scopus]
- Huang, J., & Huang, J.T. (2000). Integration of two approaches to EFL listening. Multimedia in Foreign Language Education. 20(2), 7-9 and 22. [兩種教學模式的一體化及其策略.《外語電化教學》] [CSSCI]
- Huang, J. (1999). Action research and foreign language teachers. Foreign Language Education,20(3), 13-16. [行動研究與在職外語教師.《外語教學》] [CSSCI]
- Huang, J. (1998). English corner and EFL extracurricular writing.English Teaching Forum,36(2), 29-31.
- Huang, J., Connelly, J., Tait, K., & Kim, L. (2018). Co-teaching, co-authoring and co-publishing: Fostering student and teacher autonomy in university education. In A. Sivan, T. Chaudhuri, S.Y. Cheung, E.Y.W. Wong, T. Kwong & L. Law (Eds.), Studies on Teaching and Learning Volume 4 (Chapter 1, pp. 1-22). Hong Kong: Pearson.
- Long, N.N., & Huang, J. (2015). Out-of-class pronunciation learning: Are EFL learners ready in China? In D. Nunan & J.C. Richards.Language Learning Beyond the Classroom(pp. 43-52). New York: Routledge.
- Malcolm, D., Mercer, S., & Huang, J. (2013). Second opinions: Managing learner autonomy in an Arab medical school. In A. Barfield & N.D. Alvarado (Eds.),Autonomy in Language Learning: Stories of Practices(pp. 64-73). IATEFL, Darwin College, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NY, UK.
- Huang, J. (2011). A dynamic account of autonomy, agency and identity in (T)EFL learning. In G. Murray, X.S. Gao & T. Lamb (Eds.), Identity, motivation and autonomy in language learning(pp. 229-246). Bristol: Multilingual Matters.
- Huang, J. (2007). Learner autonomy in the Chinese university classroom: An insider perspective on teacher-learner role relationships. In P. Benson (Ed.),Learner autonomy 8: Teacher and learner perspectives(pp. 84-103). Dublin: Authentik.
- Benson, P., & Huang, J. (2006). Autonomy in language learning: A thematic bibliography. In T. Lamb & H. Reinders (Eds.), Supporting independent learning: Issues and interventions(pp. 239-277). Frankfurt: Peter Lang
- Huang, J. (2005). Teacher autonomy in language learning: A review of the research. In K.R. Katyal, H.C. Lam & X.J. Ding (Eds.), Research studies in education(Volume 3) (pp. 203-218). Faculty of Education, University of Hong Kong.
- Huang, J. (2013). Autonomy, agency and identity in foreign language learning and teaching.Bern: Peter Lang.
- Huang, J., Gu, M.Y., & Cheung, P.K. (Eds.) (2006). Research Studies in Education(Volume 4). Faculty of Education, University of Hong Kong.