Externally Funded Research Grants as PI:
- Identity, agency and autonomy in foreign and second language education: Case studies of in-service teachers in Shenzhen and Hong Kong. General Research Fund (GRF). Project Number: 12607418. Project Fund: $543,140. Duration: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2021. Completed.
- Autonomy in the transition from learner to teacher: A longitudinal multiple-case study. General Research Fund (GRF). Project Number: 12403214. Project Fund: HK$398,500. Duration: 1 January 2015 – 31 December 2017. Completed.
Internally Funded Research Grants as PI:
- An ethnographic study of college English teachers’ identity negotiation in China [FRG2/17-18/052], 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2022, HK$150,000. Completed.
- Gains and challenges of studying abroad: Exploring insider perspectives on a short-term overseas English immersion programme [FRG1/16-17/004], 1 January 2017 to 30 June 2018, HK$50,000. Completed.
- From autonomy in foreign language learning to autonomy in foreign language teaching [FRG1/12-13/029], 1 March 2013 to 28 February 2014, HK$50,000. Completed.
- Autonomy in the transition from foreign language learning to foreign language teaching [FRG2/10-11/060], 1 July 2011- 30 November 2013, HK$100,000. Completed.
Teaching Development Grants as PI:
- Co-teaching, co-authoring and co-publishing: Fostering student and teacher autonomy in university education [TDG/1112/06], 1 January 2012 – 31 August 2014, HK$300,000. [Inter-departmental, Co-investigators: Dr Jan Connelly, Education Studies; Dr Loretta Kim, History; Dr Kathleen Tait, Education Studies]. Completed.
Research Grants (External Collaboration) as CI:
- Identity and emotion of early-career kindergarten teachers in Hong Kong [Caritas Institute of Higher Education Institutional Development Grant (IDG)2010110], 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2022, HK$90,000. PI (Internal): Dr YIP Jesse Wai-chi, Caritas Institute of Higher Education; CI (Internal): Professor LAM Hazel Mei-yung, Caritas Institute of Higher Education; CI (External): Dr HUANG Peter Jing, Hong Kong Baptist University.