“Education-plus” Internship Programme is a pilot programme to give our students the opportunity to work in prestigious corporations and NGOs so that they can apply concepts, knowledge, skills and methodologies learnt in specific and real-world settings. The programme also aims to
- enrich students’ learning beyond the normal scopes by encompassing a richer variety of learning opportunities and building students’ capacity across multiple disciplines;
- provide students with cross-disciplinary experiential learning opportunities to apply entrepreneurial and innovative skills in a Professional Authentic Context; and
- equip students with 21st Century Skills and positive values, echoing the Graduate Attributes of the University.
Upon successful completion of the “Education-plus” Internship Programme, students will be able to:
- Explore and analyse in-depth an organisation’s core values, philosophy, policies/ practices and social responsibilities, and develop an awareness of their impact upon society;
- Apply the knowledge and 21st Century skills required for effective problem-solving in the workplace, and evaluate the solutions;
- Identify and interpret the ethical issues observed from an authentic work context, and explain the virtues and positive values which professionals adopted in their practices; and
- Display entrepreneurial mindset and self-competencies to seek out opportunities and challenges, and develop future plans of action for personal growth and development.
- Bundle of Mentorship & Internship;
- Cross-sectoral training sessions;
- Industry experts from cross-sectoral engaged as advisors and mentors;
- 6 to 8 week internship in Summer 2023, with an allowance of HK$2,450 per week;
- 8 outstanding student participants will receive the “Education-plus” Service Award with a cash prize of HK$5,000; and
- Outbound internship opportunities in Winter 2023 or Easter 2024 (subject to the development of the COVID-19 pandemic)
Advisors and Mentors (Surname in Alphabetical Order)
Application & Selection
- Year 2 students of full-time non-teacher education undergraduate programmes
- Cum. GPA ≥ 3.3
- Nominated by Programme Leader / Associate Dean / Dean
- Capacity: 20 students
Briefing for Students
For enquiries, please contact us on 2948 8757 or via email email@example.com.