The Excellent e-Teaching Student Award recognises, encourages, and rewards students’ exemplary e-teaching (microteaching and virtual teaching) and their contributions to the development and delivery of exceptional online teaching and learning.
The Award is open to all full-time and part-time students of sub-degree, Bachelor of Education (BEd) and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) programmes of secondary, primary, early childhood education, professional and vocational education, and special education.
Criteria for the Award
Candidates are expected to demonstrate clear evidence of:
a. Effective use of pedagogical content knowledge to engage/inspire/impact on students and demonstration of superior e-learning environment acumen;
b. Effective use of e-teaching tools to enhance students’ learning experience; and
c. Effective demonstration of teaching innovations.
a. All Faculty Deans, Heads of Departments, Programme Leaders, Field Experience Coordinators, Field Experience Supervisors and Director of School Partnership and Field Experience (SPFE) are encouraged to make nominations.
b. Nomination for the Award may be made by one or more members of the University community. Self-nomination is also accepted. Each nominee is expected to provide the Selection Panel with the following documents and materials for consideration:
- A completed Nomination Form
- One video (duration of each video should be 5 to 10 minutes) of well-designed and well-taught e-teaching (microteaching and virtual teaching) as evidence. The link of the video should be embedded in the nomination form. Nominees should ensure the accuracy of the content of the video and compliance to the copyright ordinance.
- Brief description of the e-teaching (microteaching and virtual teaching) class.
- Each nominator should submit a statement explaining why the student and his/her e-teaching (microteaching and virtual teaching) class is nominated.
For enquiries, please contact Ms Li Yee Mun at email@example.com or 2948-7149.
The award for 2021-22 with details are as below:
|E-teaching (microteaching and virtual teaching) classes conducted in Semester 1, 2021/22||
Deadline: 8 Feb 2022
|E-teaching (microteaching and virtual teaching) classes conducted in Semester 2, 2021/22||
Deadline: 15 July 2022
The Selection Panel comprises the following:
- Associate Vice President (Student Learning) (Chairman);
- Associate Dean (or nominee) of each of the three Faculties;
- Director (or nominee) of School Partnership and Field Experience; and
- Up to two co-opted members nominated by Vice President (Academic) & Provost.
Showcasing the Videos of Awardees
The selected videos of each awardee will be uploaded onto the EdU Online Classes Platform (EOCP) for sharing good practices of e-teaching (microteaching and virtual teaching) classes.
Criteria for the Excellent e-Teaching Award
The e-teaching (microteaching and virtual teaching) classes by the nominees should meet the following three criteria:
|Effective use of pedagogical content knowledge to engage/inspire/impact on students and demonstration of superior e-teaching and learning environment acumen||
|Effective use of e-teaching tools to enhance students’ learning experience||
|Effective demonstration of teaching innovations||