|Zoom Virtual Background
Zoom Virtual Background
Paper Presentation Instruction
Most of the breakout (paper presentation) sessions will be carried out in online mode using Zoom Meeting platform. A few sessions will be carried out in blended mode. with both online and physical presentations.
- For Full Paper presentation, 20 minutes will be allocated for presentation (including 5 minute-Q&A session). Please keep the presentation within the time limit set.
- For Short Paper presentation, 15 minutes will be allocated for presentation (including 5-minute Q&A session). Please keep the presentation within the time limit set.
- Workshop papers: The time limits will be determined by the organizers of individual workshops. Please consult the respective organizers for specific instructions.
- Teachers' Forum: Full paper: 15 minutes (including 5-minute Q&A session), Short paper: 12 minutes (including 4-minute Q&A session).
- Doctoral Student Forum: 20 minutes (including 10-minute Q&A session and mentors' feedback).Please strictly follow the assigned schedule for paper presentation. Please check in your Session Chair before the session in which your presentation begins.
The video conferencing platform for online presentations and participation is Zoom. Participants may refer to below website for more details on Zoom installation. https://www.eduhk.hk/ocio/online-meeting-tool-zoom or https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204772869-Zoom-Rooms-User-Guide）
Prior to the conference, all online presenters (and participants) are required to install the Zoom software on their computers, and make sure their webcams and microphones are properly functioning. The detailed instructions on joining individual online sessions will be announced on the conference website in due course.
Presenters must logon and join the assigned Zoom Meeting room prior to the presentation sessions with computers or devices that can display their presentation materials (Microsoft PowerPoint, PDF, or software to demonstrate, etc.). Please note that such materials might not be able to be properly displayed on smartphones.
Presenters are required to turn on their webcams and show their faces during their presentations and the subsequent Q&A activities.
Standard computer with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office will be set and connected to a projector in each session room. You can copy your presentation file (Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF) to this computer. You can also bring your own computer for presentation.
Please set up and test your presentation in the designated room prior to your session.
All the physical presentation will be streamed online using “Zoom” software for participants joining.
Poster Presentation Instruction
All the poster presentation will be in online mode.
The poster presentations comprise two components, (1) online sharing of digital posters with 5-minute pre-recorded oral presentations; (2) live interaction with online participants during a designated poster presentation session via the Zoom platform.
Authors of poster are required to prepare a digital poster and a pre-recorded 5-minute oral presentation sound clip to the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) before September 1, 2021. The LOC will collate all the materials and publish them on the official website around September 7 for conference participants to access prior to the poster session.
- Specification on the digital poster: JPEG file, 2480px*3366px, up to 10MB.
- A poster should be succinct in content, with appropriate sizes of figures, tables and text. The font sizes should not be smaller than 1cm.
- Specifications on the sound clip: MP3 format, maximum 5 minutes.
- Please send your files to firstname.lastname@example.org
The designated poster presentation sessions during the conference are 10:00 – 10:45am, 14 September 2021 (Tuesday). A Zoom Meeting room dedicated to each poster will be set up. During the poster presentation session, the poster author(s) may enter the respective assigned rooms to interact with participants. Participants may join and leave rooms freely. A volunteer will be assigned to each room to assist the authors on technical matters.
Prior to the conference, all online participants are required to install the Zoom software on their computers, and make sure their webcams and microphones are properly functioning. Participants may refer to below website for more details on Zoom installation. https://www.eduhk.hk/ocio/online-meeting-tool-zoom or https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204772869-Zoom-Rooms-User-Guide）
Presenters are required to turn on their webcams and show their faces throughout the entire poster presentation session.