Buddy Programme 2022/23
As part of the University’s ongoing efforts to create a culturally diversified yet cohesive campus, the Buddy Programme, organised by the Global Affairs Office (GAO), provides EdUHK students with a platform to broaden social networks while staying on campus and make friends with incoming students all over the world. Through the programme, you as one of our buddies also acquire new perspectives and develop skills that groom you in multiple ways!
YOU are whom we are looking for if you are:
- Full-time EdUHK undergraduate student (Senior year students will be given priority)
- Fascinated by different cultures;
- Ready to make friends with incoming students around the globe and help them learn more about Hong Kong;
- Eager to promote and embrace cultural diversity;
- Fluent in English and Putonghua;
- A team player;
- Highly responsible; and
- Ready to challenge yourself and try something new
Being a buddy in the Programme, you will be paired with incoming students from overseas and the Greater China region who are newcomers to Hong Kong.
YOUR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Provide support to exchange students/ student-teachers during their stay in Hong Kong;
- Help them adjust to the new environment;
- Assist them in getting resources from school facilities and help them to understand the university’s rules & regulations;
- Share Hong Kong and Chinese cultures and facilitate cultural exchange; and
- Be engaged in activities organised by GAO throughout the semester or academic year, including but not limited to Student Exchange Prgoramme Registration and Orientation.
Needless to say, you will also gain a lot by being a Programme buddy with us, both personally and professionally.
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A BUDDY:
- Develop a global mindset and intercultural skills
- Foster competencies in problem solving and communication
- Enhance awareness of and commitment to being a caring and socially responsible person
- Make friends with fellow buddies and exchange students
- Receive iWork upon completion of different projects
- …and A LOT MORE for you to discover yourself!
Application & Selection
Interested students are welcome to submit the completed Online Application Form by 9 am, 7 June 2022 (Tuesday). Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online group interview on 9 June or 10 June 2022. Application results will be announced on 15 June 2022 (Wednesday). Please note that selected buddies are required to attend ALL compulsory activities as part of buddy training and preparations. Failure to do so will result in the selected students being released from the Buddy Programme.
For any questions, please contact the Global Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University is committed to creating a culturally diversified yet cohesive campus. Various schemes and programmes have been designed and organized to achieve this commitment, such as the International Tutors Scheme, Buddy Programme and "Learn Globally@EdUHK". You may browse the University’s Internationalisation website for more information.