Home > Learning & Teaching > Scholarship and Awards
|Current Activities (2022/23)|
|HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund – Reaching Out Award 2022/23||The applicant should
1. be full-time local or non-local student pursuing government-funded (UGC-funded) degree or above level and sub-degree programmes;
2. have at least attained a cumulative / overall GPA of 3.0 or have outstanding latest academic results if cumulative / overall GPA is not yet available at the time of application;
3. be selected to participate in or have completed an eligible outreach activity at the time of application;
4. NOT have received the HKSAR Government Reaching Out Award before.
An eligible outreach activity should:
1. be conducted outside Hong Kong from 1 Sep 2022 to 31 Aug 2023;
2. be organised / endorsed by Departments / Units at EdUHK, including the following:
· Participating in an Event/ Competition (e.g. conferences/ forums/ workshops/ seminars/training camps/ competitions, service projects etc.);
· Partaking in an internship or a placement (credit-bearing/ non-credit bearing);
· Taking part in a field/study trip;
· Attending a course (e.g. foreign language immersion programmes, academic exchange programmes etc.)
|HK Time 12:00nn, 22 March 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Li Po Chun Charitable Trust Fund Undergraduate Scholarships 2022/23||a) Applicants should be local students who have the right of abode in HK or are permitted to stay in HK without restriction (i.e. indicated by code “A” on the HKID card). Priority will be given to applicants who have resided in HK continuously for at least three years prior to applying for the scholarship.
b) Year 1 students and senior year admittees to Year 3* of full-time UGC-funded undergraduate programmes are eligible.
(Note*: Senior year admittees to Year 3 refer to students who were graduates with Associate Degree or Higher Diploma qualifications prior to entry to EdUHK.)
c) Applicants are NOT allowed to hold other scholarships.
|Swire Scholarship 2022/23||Year 2 or Year 3 local students of UGC-funded FT undergraduate programmes are eligible.
Please note that:
• Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
• The application form should be completed in English.
• Year 3 students admitted through senior year entry places to 4-year full-time programmes are not eligible.
• The is no need for you to seek recommendation from the Dean as stated in Part II of the application form. The selection panel will complete this part if the candidate is being nominated.
|AIA Scholarships 2022/23||First year undergraduate local students studying UGC-funded programmes are eligible.||Closed|
|HSBC Greater Bay Area (Hong Kong) Scholarship 2022/23||Full-time undergraduate students, studying any discipline, who meet the following requirements:
• Hong Kong permanent residents with the right of abode in Hong Kong
• Minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) score of 3.0 or top 15% of class/ department, in the first semester of the current academic year
• Commitment to pursue employment, entrepreneurship or advanced academic opportunities in GBA
|HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund - Endeavour Merit Award (EMA) 2022/23||The applicant MUST
1. currently be a local or non-local student pursuing full-time UGC-funded (publicly-funded) degree or above level and sub-degree programmes at EdUHK;
2. normally attain a Programme GPA of 2.5 or above at the time of application for students studying in the second year or above, OR have satisfactory academic results during secondary/post-secondary education (including public examinations) for first-year students;
3. have valid documentary proof of any one of the following types of special educational needs:
a. Specific learning disabilities
b. Intellectual disabilities
c. Autism spectrum disorders
d. Attention deficit / hyperactivity disorder
e. Physical disability
f. Visual impairment
g. Hearing impairment
h. Speech and language impairment
4. be nominated by the Faculty / Graduate School in which he/she is currently registered.
|"For Our Future Scholarship" 2022/23||FT undergraduate (Year 2 and above) and master’s degree local students are eligible.||Closed|
|Au Bak Ling Charity Trust Scholarship Scheme 2022/23||Only students who study specifically to become teachers may apply, i.e. Bachelor of Education and Double Degree programmes. Students should be in Year 2 or above with a minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (a copy of “Grade Enquiry” for all years of study showing CGPA or “Transcript of Study” should be attached).||Closed|
|Hong Kong International Institute of Educational Leadership Scholarship 2022/23||Students taking a programme with a duration of ONE YEAR or above are eligible to apply (full-time and part-time, local and non-local, UGC or self-funded students are all eligible).||Closed|
|Hong Kong Association of University Women (HKAUW) Scholarships 2022||• Applicants must be Undergraduate Member/ Full Member of HKAUW. We would advise applicants NOT to pay the membership fee when they submit applications until being notified by the Student Affairs Office on the result of recommendation.
• Short-listed candidates, if invited, are required to attend an interview with HKAUW in mid-late November.
• Successful scholarship recipients are required to make a short presentation of their research topic at HKAUW’s Scholarship Presentation Ceremony (date to be announced).
• All scholarship recipients are required to serve the community after receiving the scholarship.
|Sir Edward Youde Memorial Award Schemes 2022/23||Applications are invited from LOCAL students of full-time UGC-funded programmes for the captioned Award Schemes under the following categories:-
(a) Sir Edward Youde Memorial Scholarships for Undergraduate and Diploma Students (Information Note B, Nomination Form B1) – Year 2 or above UG students; and
(b) Sir Edward Youde Memorial Scholarship for Disabled Students (Information Note D, Nomination Form D2) – Year 2 or above UG students.
• Please note the minimum Year GPA required is 3.3 (obtained from EdUHK) and nomination quota is very limited. Please consider carefully before submitting an application. EdUHK can nominate 1 student for each category only.
• Please note the internal deadline. Completed forms with supporting documents should be submitted to Faculty Office via EMAIL by HK Time 12:00 noon, 22 September 2022 (Thursday).
• Students who cannot attend selection interviews are advised not to apply.
• Please note that there is no need for you to seek a recommendation from the Faculty Dean as stated in Part II/III of the application form. This part will be completed by the selection panel if the candidate is being nominated.
|The Hong Kong Jockey Club Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarship 2022/23||Year 1 local and Mainland students studying UGC-funded undergraduate programmes (4 or 5-year full-time) are eligible to apply.||Closed|
|HKSAR Government Scholarship||Second year or above local and non-local students of full-time publicly-funded undergraduate or sub-degree programmes are eligible.||Closed|
|The Joseph Lau Luen Hung Charitable Trust Scholarships 2022/23||Applicants must:
• Be admitted to Year 1 of the University’s full-time undergraduate programmes (4 or 5-year) in 2022/23 via the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination, or via Associate Degree/ Higher Diploma qualifications;
• Attain 17 points or above in any best five subjects in HKDSE, or a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale) in Associate Degree/ Higher Diploma studies;
• Come from families with genuine financial difficulty (e.g. receiving Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme, receiving the government’s School Textbook Assistance Scheme, or family encountered sudden accident/ change); and
• Have voluntary service of 40 hours or above accumulated between S4-S6 or during Associate Degree/ Higher Diploma studies inside or outside school.
Note: If the number of eligible applicants exceeds the quota, the University shall select the awardees base on the number of voluntary service hours and academic performance.
|2019/20 Recipients||List of recipients|
|2018/19 Recipients||List of recipients|
|2017/18 Recipients||List of recipients|