The Department of English Language Education aspires to play a regionally leading role in the study and practice of English language education in Hong Kong and beyond, to nurture graduates with a global outlook and multicultural awareness, and to excel in multidisciplinary research in language learning and teaching.
To realise our vision, we will endeavour:
- To enhance the quality of English language education through teaching, research, and community service, with an impact on local schools, educational policies and the wider community;
- To excel in the established areas of expertise in TESOL curriculum in multilingual settings, technology-mediated English learning and teaching, teacher education, language practices and language policies in schools and other social contexts;
- To produce quality research that provides foundation for our classroom teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- To nurture graduates with both in-depth theoretical understanding and pedagogical skills in English language teaching;
- To engage in professional connections regionally and internationally in order to exchange knowledge and promote collaborations.