This project aims to develop an AI-based model using deep neural network for learners’ emotion classification based on a single non-intrusive data source.
Dr ZOU Di
This project aims:
1. To immerse students in virtual classrooms that apply different approaches to teaching writing through virtual reality technology;
2. To publish the research findings about the impact of different approaches on student learning in the virtual classroom;
3. To develop a demo for attending external exhibitions and marketing promotions based on the current virtual classroom for teaching writing established and supported by BLUE project of EdUHK;
4. To prepare materials including a handbook and online short videos, for transferring the knowledge and hand-on experience of developing virtual classroom for in-service teachers and students.
Dr ZOU Di
This project aims:
- To identify primary school students’ emotions in the learning processes using modal measurements and make use of the data to improve the teaching and learning for better student engagement;
- To apply for the Innovation and Technology Fund for Better Living based on the proposed project; and
- To develop a patent related to emotion classification based on deep neural networks from multi-data sources.
- To publish research papers and deliver academic presentations with the PhD students.
- To increase the expenditure on KT and the numbers of KT beneficiaries and the academic staff using research in teaching and using teaching as research.
- To publish research papers with the professional consultants and to increase the numbers of research outputs and projects with international research collaborations.
Through cross-regional investigations, this research aims to explore how online-learning platforms affect students’ learning motivation and their learning experience through peer-collaboration and how students perceive the benefits and challenges of online-learning through the use of online-collaboration platforms.
- To design a sample grammar textbook for young adults which will be piloted in FE schools and subsequently developed into a full-scale grammar, reading and writing English programme by pre-service and in- service teachers under the guidance of a researcher.
- To supplement the sample grammar book with a multi-media platform and/or mobile application which will be piloted by the student teachers in actual EFL classrooms.
- To evaluate, consolidate and disseminate research outputs through field works, seminars and conference.
- To reach a critical mass of around 870 students and teachers through this knowledge transfer project.
- Through this KT project, a research- teaching nexus will be created by guiding the students to develop a sample grammar book and pilot them in their classrooms.
- Student-teachers conduct action research to evaluate the effectiveness of the sample grammar book.
- With the research experiences and collected data, research papers will be co-authored by student-teachers and the researcher.
- With the research results from the previous funded project and this KT project, the research outcomes will be used for developing a full-scale grammar book for a language enhancement course and further research projects.