Call for Participation: English Microteaching Video Competition
- 17 Nov, 2021 - 15 Apr, 2022
Submission for the English Microteaching Video Competition is now open!
The EdUHK Online Class Platform Project (FHM, EdUHK) is launching a competition for English microteaching videos. Winning microteaching videos will receive Wellcome Vouchers totalling up to $1000 plus an award certificate. If you have a microteaching video or would like to create one, do not hesitate to join the competition!
The competition is open to all English major students from BEd(EL), BA(LS)&BEd(EL) or English major PGDE programmes. Both primary and secondary strand students are eligible to participate.
Criteria of Award:
Candidates are expected to demonstrate clear evidence of -
- Effective lesson design to engage/inspire/impact students’ learning, including satisfactory design of activities for student interaction;
- Effective use of e-teaching tools, e-resources, apps, etc. to enhance students’ learning experience;
- Effective demonstration of creative or innovative teaching;
- Content is appropriate for local primary or secondary school students; and
- English includes accurate use of grammatical and lexical resources, model pronunciation, stress and intonation.
Each participant is expected to submit at least one video (duration of each video should be 5 to 10 minutes - not longer) of well-designed and well-taught online/virtual English teaching. Participants are free to choose the platform (such as Zoom) and e-resources they use. Please submit a URL link to a video in your Google Drive account. Be sure to set permissions to allow access to view your video.
Submission Deadline: 15 April 2022
|1 Grand Prize||$1000 Wellcome Voucher Prize and a Certificate|
|1 First Prize||$800 Wellcome Voucher Prize and a Certificate|
|1 Second Prize||$600 Wellcome Voucher Prize and a Certificate|
|1 Third Prize||$400 Wellcome Voucher Prize and a Certificate|