The Department is committed to:
- adopt a contemporary functional approach in our curriculum design which integrates the traditional and the contemporary with the broadest spectrum of creative arts practices relevant to the 21st Century;
- enhance the learning of creative arts through emphasis on experiential and praxial approaches to provide students with invaluable hands-on experiences essential to success in contemporary society;
- provide a collaborative learning and research environment in creative arts, especially to encourage synergy between Music and Visual Arts;
- integrate the learning of creative arts with technologies, and equip our students with sound knowledge and skills to keep up with the continuous educational and professional technological advancements in the diverse practices of creative arts;
- nurture whole-person-development of our students through cultivation of key generic attributes integrated with curriculum to become an ethical, professional and responsible member of 21st Century society; and
- enhance our research capacity in creating an ecology in teaching, research and knowledge transfer in music education, visual arts education and artistic practices in creative arts with applied research that creates inspiring and innovative knowledge with strong academic, professional, social impacts on education and the wider community.