The Art of Teaching is the Art ofASSISTING DISCOVERYDepartment ofCultural and Creative ArtsThe Art of Teaching is the Art ofASSISTING DISCOVERY
Music is life and, like it,INEXTINGUISHABLEThe Art of Teaching is the Art ofASSISTING DISCOVERYMusic is life and, like it,INEXTINGUISHABLE
Creativity takesCOURAGEMusic is life and, like it,INEXTINGUISHABLECreativity takesCOURAGE
Where words leave offMUSIC BEGINSCreativity takesCOURAGEWhere words leave offMUSIC BEGINS
Department ofCultural and Creative ArtsWhere words leave offMUSIC BEGINSDepartment ofCultural and Creative Arts
I dream my paint andI PAINT MY DREAMI dream my paint andI PAINT MY DREAMI dream my paint andI PAINT MY DREAM
Music canCHANGE THE WORLDMusic canCHANGE THE WORLDMusic canCHANGE THE WORLD
You can't use up creativity. The more you useTHE MORE YOU HAVEYou can't use up creativity. The more you useTHE MORE YOU HAVEYou can't use up creativity. The more you useTHE MORE YOU HAVE
Imagination createsREALITYImagination createsREALITYImagination createsREALITY
Vision & Mission
The Department is committed to:
- adopt a contemporary functional approach in our curriculum design which integrates the traditional and the contemporary with the broadest spectrum of creative arts practices relevant to the 21st Century;
- enhance the learning of creative arts through emphasis on experiential and praxial approaches to provide students with invaluable hands-on experiences essential to success in contemporary society;
- provide a collaborative learning and research environment in creative arts, especially to encourage synergy between Music and Visual Arts;
- integrate the learning of creative arts with technologies, and equip our students with sound knowledge and skills to keep up with the continuous educational and professional technological advancements in the diverse practices of creative arts;
- nurture whole-person-development of our students through cultivation of key generic attributes integrated with curriculum to become an ethical, professional and responsible member of 21st Century society; and
- enhance our research capacity in creating an ecology in teaching, research and knowledge transfer in music education, visual arts education and artistic practices in creative arts with applied research that creates inspiring and innovative knowledge with strong academic, professional, social impacts on education and the wider community.
The Department aims to be one of the premier arts education providers in the region and is committed to sustain a creative and dynamic learning environment in Music and Visual Arts that promotes and supports high standards of professionalism in teaching, learning, research and knowledge transfer. It aims to nurture skilled, knowledgeable and caring graduates and empower them to achieve academic and artistic excellence in transformative roles as innovative educators, enterprising community-based arts practitioners, creative thinkers and cultural leaders in the 21st Century.
What’s going on at CCA?