The JAPAN & HK - TSUNAGARU DESIGN PROJECT is inviting EdUHK students to apply for an exchange activity with two components: webinar series and an exchange tour to Shiga University. This event is implemented for promoting interaction among students in Hong Kong and Japan, and organized by Shiga University Institute for Corporate Relations and Social Innovation (滋賀大学産学公連携推進機構)
To initiate future educators into activities of exchange and discussions, to motivate children in East Asia to pursue knowledge and education.
Students from Shiga University and The Education University of Hong Kong, will each select 15 students as representatives to participate.
- Webinars Five webinars will be conducted via Zoom at Hong Kong Time 9:00-11:00 am on Saturdays, June 25th, July 9th, August 13th, September 10th and October 15th.
- Japan Study Tour* 4 to 8 presenters will be selected to join a short-term Japan study tour to interact with students from Education Department of Shiga University in December 2022 (Dates to be confirmed).
- Shiga U Students Visiting EdUHK* Students from Shiga University will visit EdUHK in January 2023 (Dates to be confirmed).
(* Will switch to online mode if regulations of travel do not allow.)
Japanese (Presentation in English will be considered under special conditions)
Webinars are free of charge. Students who join the study tour to Japan (approximately 7 days) will receive a transportation allowance of 15,000 to 30,000 yen (approximately HK$900 to $1,800) from Shiga University. Students can also apply for GLEF (Global Learning Enhancement Fund) which, upon approval, can cover up to a maximum of 50% or HK$10,000 of expenses, including travel, accommodations, meals, etc. (Quarantine costs, ie quarantine hotel, PCR test and other related expenses will not be covered).
Full time students of EdUHK in 2022-23 Academic year. (Students who want to apply for the exchange tour to Shiga University must attend at least 4 out of the 5 scheduled webinars.)
Each presenter will present for 10 minutes, with a 5-minute Q&A session.
All webinars will be held at Hong Kong Time 9:00-11:00 am.
To apply, send email to
Charles C. Chen, Jr.
Japnese Programme Coordinator
Department of Linguistics and Modern Language Studies
with the following information (in English or Japanese):
1. Full name 氏名とフリガナ
2. Student ID no. 学籍番号
3. Programme and year 学部・学年
4. Mail address メールアドレス
5. Cellphone number 携帯電話番号
6. Contact address 住所
7. Reason of application 応募の動機
8. Skills or abilities 特技
9. Japanese language proficiency 語学力
10. Brief introduction about yourself 自己PR
20th June, 2022, 23:59
Global Learning Enhancement Fund (GLEF)
Website of Department of Education, Shiga University
The Institute for Corporate Relations and Social Innovation (Organizer)