Scholarship Programme for Full-time Doctoral StudentsProgramme Aims
The Programme aims to:
- encourage high-caliber doctoral students with keen research interest in the field of computational thinking education and development to participate in CTE2019 by relieving their financial concerns;
- attract high quality paper submission; and
- foster academic exchange among local and overseas young scholars.
- Full-time doctoral student in any field of study at any tertiary institutions in any regions; and
- Have at least one paper accepted as first author by the International Programme Committee as full / short / poster paper(s) for presentation at CTE2019.
Details of Scholarship Awards
According to International Program Committee's (IPC’s) review and International Advisory Committee's (IAC’s) recommendation, successful applicants will be awarded one of the following scholarships:
- will be given to selected short or long paper authors with high quality submission;
- will cover full expenses on (i) conference registration, (ii) round-trip flight tickets in economy class between awardees’ institute or place of residence and Hong Kong, (iii) three nights (12-14 June 2019) of student hall accommodation* (shared double room with same gender) in EdUHK.
- will be given to selected short or poster paper authors with submission that have contribution to computational thinking education;
- will cover half expenses on (i) conference registration , (ii) round-trip flight tickets in economy class between awardees’ institute or place of residence and Hong Kong, (iii) three nights (12-14 June 2019) of student hall accommodation* (shared double room with same gender) in EdUHK.
*Student Halls of EdUHK are located in Tai Po Campus of The Education University of Hong Kong, which is 5 minutes’ walk form CTE2019 venue. Details can be found in https://www.eduhk.hk/sh/view.php?secid=51847&u=u.
Interested doctoral students should
- submit their paper to CTE2019 via Easychair by 18 January 2019; and
- send the completed Scholarship Programme Application Form with a proof of your valid full-time student status^ (e.g. student ID card or transcript that shows your name, full-time doctoral student status, valid date) to CTE2019 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 January 2019.
Scholarship recipients will be notified of the application result by email in mid-March 2019.
^ Applications without a proof of valid full-time student status will be declined.