Discretionary Hall Places
From 9:00am on 21 June 2021, 09:00 am to 13 September 2021, 12:00 noon, application for discretionary hall places 2021/22 will be open to all full-time EdUHK students who have special reason(s) for on-campus accommodation. Applicants can only apply for discretionary hall place to Dean of Students [Dean(S)] or a Warden.
Consideration for discretionary hall places would be made with reference, but not limit to:
- Dean of Students’ Discretion:
Health/family issue, contribution to the University, or other special reasons which cannot be reflected from Point System.
- Wardens’ Discretion:
Hall contribution and/or hall related roles.
Application should be made by duly completing the online application form and submitting related supporting documents.
- Once applicant is OFFERED a hall place in any round of hall application in 2021/22, his/her application for discretionary hall place 2021/22 will be terminated automatically without further notice. In the event that he/she applied for a whole year hall place through iHostel and being OFFERED a semester hall place, his/her application for discretionary hall place 2021/22 may be considered for the alternate semester.
- Applicants are required to provide all proofs in relation to the reason(s) mentioned in his/her application (which are issued within the period of last 6 -12 months before the application period). SAO shall not request any documents/proofs from any organization/person on behalf of the applicant. Applications which are incomplete, and/or without relevant supporting document, will NOT be considered.
- Applicants are liable for all documents submitted during the application process. Applicants, who submitted fake documents/documents with incorrect contents, will be disqualified immediately without further notice.
- Late submission or application submitted through other means will NOT be accepted.
- The application, once submitted, cannot be changed or modified. In the event of repeated submission, only the latest submission will be processed
- All data collected will be used for application for discretionary hall place 2021/22 only.
The application result will be announced in late September 2021.
For enquiries, please contact Hall Management Section at 2948 6868 or email@example.com.