“Joyful Day 2018 『惜‧玩』2018” was a 2-month programme from September to October 2018. A new concept “惜（識）玩文化” was introduced to express how vital and comfortable playing is. A toy collection campaign was held at the campus between 26 September and 5 October. A total of 150 toys were collected for the underprivileged children for delivery on the service day.
On 20 Oct, a kick-off ceremony and an event seminar with the theme of cherishing playing time and creating joy was arranged for the guests and volunteers. Over 100 students and staff visited ten children and youth centres to conduct service session and toys donation.
Four representatives from the Mass Event OC were nominated to take part in the service-learning expo in CUHK on 30 Mar. They displayed their service outcomes with judges and other universities and won the “Team Spirit Award”.
Social service centres involved:
- The Boys’ & Girls’ Clubs Association of Hong Kong Jockey Club Tai Po Children & Youth Integrated Services Centre
- Hong Kong Federation of Women’s Centres Jockey Club Tai Wo Centre
- Jockey Club Fu Shin Lutheran Integrated Service Centre
- Neighbourhood Advice-Action Council Jockey Club Tai Po North Integrated Children and Youth Services Centre
- Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui The Church of Our Saviour Social Service Centre – Jockey Club Family Express
- Hong Kong Children & Youth Services Jockey Club Tai Po Children & Youth Integrated Services Centre
- The Salvation Army Tai Po Integrated Service for Young People
- Hong Kong Women Development Association Limited Tai Yuen Service Centre
- Social Welfare Department Tai Po (North) Integrated Family Service Centre
- Yuen Long Town Hall Support Service Centre for Ethnic Minorities