Career Development Internship Programme (Hong Kong) includes local internship opportunities in NGO and commercial fields for students to gain actual work experiences. It aims to enhance students’ knowledge and generic skills in workplace and to broaden their exposure to different sectors in the local community.
- Non-final year full-time students1 are welcome to apply for the programme;
- Qualification required varies with employers and job positions. Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend an interview.
1 Only non-local students with valid “No Objection Letter” (NOL) from the Immigration Department are eligible to apply the potential summer internship(s). Such NOL should be ready by the students before the official engagement of internship.
Roles and Responsibilities of Student Interns
Before the Internship…
- Observe the requirements by the placed organisation/company and get well prepared for the internship;
- Attend pre-placement training or briefing if required;
- Communicate with SAO if there are any questions about the internship arrangement.
During the Internship…
- Have a positive learning attitude and student interns are expected to have full attendance during the internship period;
- Try the best in tasks assigned and report progress regularly to work supervisors during internship;
- Evaluate own performance and submit e-learning journals to SAO.
Upon Completion of the Internship…
- Invite feedback from work supervisors and self-review for consolidating learning experience
- Submit a final report, photos and necessary documents to SAO;
- Share learning experience by assisting in post-production of relevant publications, attending sharing sessions, etc.
Term-time: Sept to Dec (Semester 1) ; Jan to May (Semester 2)
Summer: Jun to Aug (normally 4 weeks or above)
Internship Openings and Application
Local internship openings from Commercial and NGO are posted on Ed Job Plus. Please login with your webmail ID & password, you can find the latest openings in: Menu bar » Internship » Internship - Hong Kong
Check Ed Job Plus regularly and stay tuned with SAO CDS email for the latest local internship openings! Students are obligated to read the information carefully and follow the application procedure of the openings.
*UG non-final year students who join a non-paid local internship in NGOs are eligible to apply for Learning Award for Workplace Competencies Enrichment. Please click here for details.